Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WHY SO SERIOUS?

“Our lives are not as limited as we think they are; the world is a wonderfully weird place; consensual reality is significantly flawed; no institution can be trusted, but love does work; all things are possible; and we all could be happy and fulfilled if we only had the guts to be truly free and the wisdom to shrink our egos and quit taking ourselves so damn seriously.” — Tom Robbins

Sometimes stress and situation make us totally focus on the problem directly in front of us.  Like we trapped in a bubble with this problem.  It makes it hard for us to think about anything else and when left alone with our own brain we obsess about it dancing out scenarios of the outcome in our head. We just can't get rid of it.  It consumes us and blocks of from enjoying the things that are happening right in front of us. Lately I have been consumed and stuck in this bubble with my problem.  I have to remind myself to take a deep breath. Calm down.  I can't rush a resolution to the situation.  I just have to be patient. Talk myself down out of the obsession. Talk myself out of that bubble and back to the beautiful life that sits in front of me.  I know this situation will be resolved soon enough.  I know everything will work out.  Sometimes I let my mind lead and get away with itself instead of allowing my heart to just live. 

So here is to taking a deep breath today and living through my heart and living the simple beautiful life that is right in front of me.



Peace, Love, & Hugs

No comments: