Tuesday, April 12, 2011

RINGS RINGS....AND MORE RINGS

I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it.

~Elizabeth Taylor


I am mad about big gawdy costume jewelry rings.  I love to surf eBay, Etsy, Thrift Store, Goodwill Salvation Army, Antique Stores and of course just surf the net to find pictures that I imagine I could just make the ring myself. I've never really gotten into jewelry making.  I'm sure it's harder than I imagine, but sometimes when I just can't find what I am looking for I imagine creating it.



I'm certain that Elizabeth Taylor and I had opposite sides of taste, but I liked her quote.  And to her shiny jewelry probably made her feel good.  To me a funky piece of jewelry I know no one else will possess makes me feel good.

No comments: