Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HOME-SPIRATION

Home is where the heart is, but dreaming of your dream home is a never ending story.
I adore this raw beginning of a home.  I have always adored old things, antique things, or things just made to look old.  My dream would be to take an old home.....keep the beautiful parts of it...but redo the icky parts or it.....and make it my own.
With my personality.  My funky.  Old rustic furniture.  Plush garden galore (if I can ever capture that green thumb). A little land to run & play, but not so much it kills me to mow.  Cozy, comfortable, inviting.



The outdoors of your home I think are just as need of attention to be inviting.  I'm not talking about blowing thousands on a gardener and landscaper and having this grand hall entrance.  I'm talking personal touches.  Adorable plants.  Quirky ornaments.  Homemade decor. Year round "Christmas lights" in the trees. Lanterns, candles, fire pit, outdoor big comfy chairs, swing sets, play area, sand box, old brick path you made yourself.  Total inviting, family friendly, kid friendly.  Whether you rent or own. Make it your own. Give it your character.

Ahh I am such a dreamer on the home decor stuff.

Peace, Love, & Hugs.

No comments: