Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DIRTY ROCKER LOVE

Guys in a band have never had to worry about uttering the words "I've never bagged a babe." Where ever there is a band there are groupies, band-aids, junkies, hang-ons, buffs, rooters....and the synonyms go on and on.
I love reading the old stories of the Laurel Canyon and LA groupies who hung with the bands and followed them everywhere.  These days it is not easy to hang with a band that is super famous.  Back in those days though those girls hand sex, made breakfast for, ironed clothes for and just hung out with bands. Their stories of really knowing these band members as they really were and not just their public image are truly interesting to me.
I have a huge dirty rockin love.  I like them scruffy and sweaty and screamin.  And have an (unrealistic) fantasy that they are in real life a sweetheart not a drug head and for the most part normal.  Dream on sister.  
Some of my favs right now:
Phil Moore of Bowerbirds.

He could play his guitar and sing to me all day long.  Not so much a dirty rocker but total scruff. His voice and sweet look melt me.


Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge.



Yummy voice, hair you want to pull, and tattoo you want to trace. YUM!

Last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST total Dirty Rocker boy Tom Hudson of Pulled Apart by Horses.


He screams, he breaks sh*t, he has piercings, he has total scruff..........YUM.  Scream to Tom scream to me.


I will never forget my favorite all time rocker Steven Tyler.  
I been running around screaming "Steven Tyler PJs" since that movie came out.  I tie scarfs to my mic when I play rock band.  And when I broke my ankle back in '04 I tied scarfs to my walker. What I wouldn't give to inherit Steven Tyler's wardrobe.  Total rock star all the way old school.

No comments: