Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DREAMIN MY LIFE AWAY



So I have always had the dream of selling my photography.  I have talked about it for I don't even know how long. I have some great photos I have taken that people tell me they love, or want, or I should frame.



I always had a little fear of.....rejection I guess.  I mean what if I spend the money to frame them and pay the money to set up a booth and set there for three days and don't sell even one.



Well I guess that would be worst case scenario right?  So they say think of the worst case and even though you may not like it can you live with it?  Well I guess I would have to, right?



I decided after I moved back to MO in August 2010 that I could be ready the following September 2011 to set up a booth.  Every year the city where I live has an Oktoberfest the last weekend of September (I know Oktoberfest in September but I don't make the rules) and they have all types of craft booths, games, music, rides, etc.



So I am going to do it.  I am going to shell out the money for the booth & to frame my photography and pray I at least come out even. :) I guess you never know until you try.  There are also some coffee shops around that carry people art or photography on their wall for people to buy.  I don't think the sales are big, but at least it would be out there I guess.



I haven't decided what I want to call my photography yet.....I thought about Far From Perfect Photography....but in The Sisters of the Perpetual Saturday my nickname is Boogie Butterfly.....so I've thought about Boogie Butterfly Photography. I've just doodle around with it:


So I am excited and nervous and excited and nervous and......well you get the point, right? 



So if you're in Missouri in September come and buy something and 
keep my dream alive..............

No comments: