Saturday, February 26, 2011

CRAFT-SPIRATION - AND LIFE

So one night this past week I had a little hiccup in my sleep pattern.  Truth....I couldn't sleep.  Too much going on up in the old noggin.  I hadn't broke out my sewing machine since I had moved back to Missouri.  Wasn't sure if I could even remember how to get it set up.  Thankfully my instruction book is dumbed down. And I did end up remembering some.  So I set that baby up.
I have all this material that I have been going to do projects with, but just haven't gotten to it.  With my brain running wild about life and how short it is and how you may not really know what is going on in some old friend's life but you just assume they are out there living the dream and then you turn around one day and find out they have been battling some tough life situations with tumors and brain surgeries and in the end have lost a battle with brain cancer at the way too young age of 32 and leaving behind a young beautiful daughter. It just broke my heart to hear this news and I couldn't get it out of my head or let it go.
I tend to do this.  When my brain can't let something go and it just swirls and swirls around in my head I find comfort in either hardcore deep cleaning or a really focused craft project.  It relaxes me and my brain can sort out all the emotions I got running all around me.  Some people drink.  Some people exercise.  I clean or craft. So my brain not settling down I started cutting up material and just letting my brain run wild why I sewed, sewed, sewed.
Two hours later I ended up with this imperfect.......or Far From Perfect but super cute pillow.
Exhausted I left my mess all over the table and feeling like I had done something creative for that day.  I let my head hit the pillow, said a little prayer, and fell asleep.

Peace, Love, Hugs

No comments: