Friday, August 14, 2009

GHOST WRITER

"When we met my heart was fragile having been ripped up and stomped on and left for dead. I had picked up the pieces and taped it together to hold on for longer for the sake of the boy. You sailed in with your glitz and your glam, a beautiful man who was mean and kind in the same breath. I folded into you giving me false confidence that would be ripped away when your laser tongue struck. I leaned on you with false stability until you would slip away as I would fall to the ground. You used all my confiding in you and all my weakness to make you feel stronger. I've allowed you to have your way with my heart for far too long. What you failed to notice was every laser tongue and every time I was allowed to fall I saw you differently. Little by little I folded less into you. Little by little I caught myself before hitting the ground. Now your effect on me leaves nothing but a blank stare. I am strong. And now we have come to the end. You have had your way with my heart for the last time. Your laser tongue doesn't even arouse a flinch in me. Now when you slip away I stand tall. So go, go I say. There will be no more."

No comments: