Monday, September 13, 2010

MEAL PLAN MONDAY

So after seeing Eat, Pray, Love I have totally been into pasta recipes.  I have to work harder on the treadmill, but I kind of dig the "no carb left behind diet."

SPAGHETTI AL LA PHILLY


1/2 lb. Spaghetti, uncooked
1 lb.  extra-lean ground beef
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
4 oz.  (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese








COOK spaghetti as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet. Stir 
in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low heat 
3 to 5 min. or until sauce is well blended 
and heated through, stirring frequently.
DRAIN spaghetti. Add to sauce; mix lightly. 
Place on platter; top with Parmesan.
Special Extra
Cook 1 cup each chopped bell peppers and 
onions with the ground beef.
Special Extra
Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil or parsley 
before serving.
Variation
Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
ORIGINAL RECIPE HERE

The one thing I think I might change about this is instead 
of using the ground beef I would use the Jimmy Dean 
Regular Sausage that is in the tube.  YUM!

No comments: