Monday, October 26, 2009

ENJOYING THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Today is my birthday. I am 34 years old. Yea me! I don't feel 34 and yet I do. There is a part of me that is a 7 year old tomboy girl running bare foot all over the neighborhood in her Annie underwear & t-shirt on a blue bicycle with a banana seat and there is a part of me that is a woman who has had a journey of a life that is compared to a roller coaster and who has made many mistakes and learned from everyone of them even if I had to make some mistakes twice.
This year I have decided to celebrate my birthday a little different. A day of doing what I want. A day of relaxing. A day of pampering. A day of reading. a day of exploring. A day of reconnecting with that 7 year old & that woman all at once.
I have been on a journey of change lately of which I will share someday, but for right now am keeping it close to myself. I've realized my entire life has been a journey & will continue to be. There are just some times in your life when you open your eyes & realize you are in the middle of a journey and in the middle of a change. I haven't always embraced the changes, sometimes my stubborness as tried to fight it tooth & nail, but these changes I am embracing & am looking forward to seeing where they will take me next, and I'm sure there will be moments along the way when I want to fight the changing and look back, but I will try my hardest to keep focused.
I have always been spiritual, but over recent months I have become more aware, and things have happened & light switches have been flipped on and other light switches have been flipped off and yet other light switches have been flipped sideways. The difference in me is not fighting it. Changing what I can and adapting to what I can't change. Embracing my anger and sadness and grief and happiness and joy and laughter all with the same awareness. I know I will come out stronger & more healed & more grateful this way.
Mostly I'm am grateful for this wonderful & ever changing life I have been given. I've been blessed with some of the most wonderful things & wonderful people in my life. And I am truly grateful & truly blessed.
So happy birthday to me & my birthday wish is that I may learn to enjoy the passage of time.

No comments: