Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NEW RECIPE A WEEK

One of my New Year's Goals (11 in 2011 which I haven't posted yet) is to cook one new recipe a week and blog & do photos on that recipe.  I forgot to put this in my blog post Bloggy Blog Blog Blog. But it's something I want to start doing along with the Meal Plan Monday to add to the recipes on my blog. So this weeks recipe is Beer Bread French Toast.  Although French Toast is not a new recipe for me using the beer bread is a new twist.  And it is delicious.  It adds another layer of sweetness that is just.......YUM.  So here you go.

BEER BREAD FRENCH TOAST
Loaf of beer bread/left over beer bread
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
dash of salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
butter/canola oil
Syrup & Butter
Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat. Cut the beer bread into slices.
Beat together eggs, milk, salt, sugar, & vanilla.
Add butter or canola to skillet.
Dip bread in mixture coating both sides.  Do this quick so bread doesn't get to soggie.
Lay in skillet & brown to desire.
Top with syrup & butter & ENJOY!

No comments: