Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 IN 2011

For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice." 
— T.S. Eliot

A list of 11 things (resolution) I plan to do in 2011. I read somewhere that one of the best ways of sticking to your "resolutions" for lack of a better word is to keep them public.  So weekly I am going to start doing a blog of 11 IN 2011 PROGRESS.
This year I feel different about my goals.  I feel different about everything....well a lot of things.  I am feeling older....well not like old but just more mature and I feel comfortable in my skin and feel like I can be myself.....let my freak flag fly so to speak....without reservations. But I also feel like I am having a harder time setting my goals.  Like I thought it would totally be easy to come up with 11 resolutions for the New Year.  It has been harder than I thought.
So here we go.......................................

1.   Get photos organized and framed and sell them this year at a craft fair.  Shooting for Oktoberfest.

2.  Get hired on as permanent employee (not temp) at my work.  Get promoted from assistant.

3.  Go to Venice Beach again.  Shooting for August.

4. Take my boys on a road trip adventure this summer. And some place new every summer after that.

5. Do yoga 3 days a week, and cardio 3 days a week.  Meditate daily.

6.  Quit smoking by my 36th birthday.

7.  Cook one new recipe a week (and blog/photos about it).

8. Create something at least once a month (and blog/photo about it).

9. Go see more live music (and take photos).

10. Go to church (every Sunday).

11. Join a group/team/club.  Meet new people.

Some other things I want to do that didn't make the 11:
Read 1 book a month.
Continue weekly one-on-one nights with Parker (my 14 year old who needs some extra attention).
Get a dog & name him Worm.
Get a turtle and name him Tweeker.
Save $
Take my boys on (at least) once a week new adventure(whether it be library or event doesn't have to be big just something new & of course take photos & blog them).
Go Thrifting (thrift store shopping) at least once a month for treasures.

Good luck on all your Resolutions!!!!!!!

No comments: