Thursday, February 18, 2010

CELEB DEATH

So as I mention I got back from Cali earlier this week and I took over 300 pictures. Yes I went a little nuts with my new camera. So sparingly sharing so I have something to blog about for awhile. Today is about Celeb death spots. The Death Hag, a.k.a Countess Hypsy Road Rage didn't take us to any cemeteries but we hit a few land mark spots where celebs died.

I've always had an obsession with River Phoenix I guess because he was around my age & when he died I was still a teenager. And because he was a weird hottie like I've always loved. He was so beautiful it is just such a shame. I always wonder what he would be doing now if he was still alive. He was an actor and in a band. And he died at the club that use to be owned by my other weird hot obsession Johnny Depp. He was big on the environment and a grudge like another obsession Kurt Cobain. Only the good die young "they" say. I always said if I ever had a daughter I wanted to name her Aleka, because the name of River's band was Aleka's Attic. I always wondered what was in Aleka's Attic..........the world will never know..........

Supposedly this is the spot where River Phoenix took his last breath right by this pole. I know it sounds sick, but it is part of LA history.

Here is a shot of The Viper Room. Still open and bands still play there. It's not a celeb hang out anymore and hasn't been for sometime. Johnny Depp hasn't owned for a long time.


The raspy voiced hippie folk singer who made everyone want to buy a Mercedes Benz and find a boy name Bobby McGee.
Janis had an accidental overdose at this hotel, then named the Landmark Motor Hotel. Again it makes me wonder where she would be today and how if at all the world may have been different if Janis had lived and recorded more music.


As I went through my pictures with my 13 year old son and explained to him why I had pics of these random clubs and hotels it felt weird cause every time he asked me how they died to tell him drug overdose. I haven't decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing...........

No comments: