Friday, August 27, 2010

ROMAN RECIPE


My first attempt at a true from scratch Roman Recipe. Last week I was watching Anthony Bourdain No Reservations and he was in Rome eating some delicious food and I was jealous.  So I jotted down some ingredients from a few of the recipes that they actually told you what was in them.  I did some online research trying to find true roman recipes not just "hey I'm going to call myself Italian because I have pasta in me" recipe. I couldn't find this recipe so I just had to kind of guess at the amount of ingredients.  I did find some other yummy Roman recipes that I will be trying soon. More of those to come. :)
So I don't even know what the name of this recipe is because I wasn't smart enough to write that down....only the ingredients.
So this is what I did.

NO NAME ROMAN RECIPE (if you know the name let me know)

5 pieces of bacon chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White Wine (maybe a few tablespoons or less-I think I used too much)
8 ounces Rigatoni
15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
Parmesan

Heat olive oil in a pan
Add chopped bacon, Cook
[Separate pan, boil water, add rigatoni, & cook for 10-12 minutes until you like it]
Add white wine, cook until looks like bacon is completely done & starting to get some crisp
Add tomato sauce
Drain Rigatoni and add to sauce mix
Serve
Top with Parmesan


Something they were debating on the show was whether or not to add onion.  I personally like onion but my boys don't so I left it out.  I guess the original recipe did not have onion, but over the years some restaurants have begun to add onion.  So up to you.  If you do add onion you add it while you are cooking the bacon.

This recipe had an interesting flavor, but like I said I think I put too much white wine in. It was good though.  My kiddos did not like it though, so just make it for the adults & whip up some mac & cheese for the kiddos.

No comments: